Tuesday, April 23, 2013

SENT


I have given them your word and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.  I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one.  They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.  Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.  As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world.  John 17:14-18


I don’t know about you, but I don’t watch the news.  I don’t read the news, I don’t watch the news on TV, and I don’t listen to the news on the radio.  I avoid it at all costs.

With this mindset, there are days where I feel very out of the loop.  Especially because I am at home, I feel slightly secluded from the world.  Lately I have been feeling very convicted about this revelation of isolation.

Am I interacting with unbelievers or “the world” on a daily basis?  Yes, I have my laptop that is the world of Facebook and Twitter.  But, do I have personal contact and forming relationships with unbelievers? Or am I living a daily life of isolated comfort?

For too long I have taken the verse “ Do not yoke yourself with unbelievers” to an extreme.

In John, Jesus says that we have been SENT into the world.  Although we are not of the world, we have been SENT here for the distinct purpose of declaring The Truth and sharing the hope.

Am I doing what I have been SENT here into this world to do?  Am I sharing Christ to unbelievers?  What a mission.  You are not of the world, but you have been sent here for a purpose, and that is to share Christ.

Too often, I think Christians get too comfortable in their Christian bubbles.  Certainly the Body of Christ is a place to form relationships rooted in Christ and His Truth, but are we stepping outside of our comfort zones to our mission field of unbelievers that is the world?

What parts of the day are you actively engaged with unbelievers?  Are you taking the time to form relationships with them?

Jesus says that we will be hated.  We are not of this world.

We have been given His Word, the Truth.  We are not taken out of the world.  We are here because we have a mission.  Hold on to the promises.

Consider yourselves SENT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment